Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Food blog


In our last English lesson we had to look for an interesting food blog on the internet. After having found one, it was our task to write a blog about it. So, here we go.

I came across a mouth-watering recipe for Indian curry chicken. As I have Indian background, it was obvious for me to choose a blog that dealt with Indian food. It is my favourite cuisine and especially the non-vegetarian dishes are simply outstanding! This is the first reason why I chose “Monica's Spice Diary-Indian Food Blog”.

The second one is that I really liked the way how the author, Monica, starts her recipes. She adds a personal thought that makes you really understand what she is trying to say. This probably sounds a bit strange, I know, but maybe I can explain it. In the introduction of the Curry Chicken recipe, for instance, Monica describes her childhood in India and what she relates with this specific dish. It made me think of all the holidays my family and I spent in India, what dishes I enjoyed most eating there and how much I actually miss that time. 

But enough of all that sentimental stuff now! I founded that the recipe itself did not sound that much difficult and I decided to try it out with three friends of mine. My mum had often cooked this dish at home so I knew theoretically, how it was to be prepared. The only problem was that I had watched my mum cooking it but never tried it out on my own.

Before starting to cook Curry Chicken with my friends, I called my mum to ask her about two ingredients that I remember she had never added to this dish. After having talked to her, I decided to stick to my mum’s recipe.

All in all, we enjoyed preparing the dish a lot. The only (small) problem we had to struggle with was that one my friends did not like eating spicy food at all but the rest of us did. After quite a long time of consideration we finally decided that we had to use two pans and cook the Curry Chicken twice: once with and once without hotness. Fortunately, both dishes were delicious in the end.
























1 comment:

  1. Yummy!
    Seems like you really had a great evening cooking with your friends!

    ReplyDelete