Saturday, January 11, 2014

Pronunciation Diary blog 3

The feedback, that our teachers gave us concerning our Pecha Kucha presentations, is, in my opinion, a valuable opportunity that helps us students a lot to improve our pronunciation. Not only did they recommend us to check out the right pronunciation of various words, but also which sounds we should particularly focus on. According to the feedback, I should, apart from some words, improve my “v” and “f” sounds. Therefore, I have done the exercises that are shown in a video on the website http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/pronunciation/mp4/con_voiced_5.mp4. What I liked about it were the two perspectives used in the video that show the form of the lips while a sound is produced. I think that this makes it easier to study the proper pronunciation of certain sounds, especially the “v”. Apart from training specific sounds, I also looked up the proper pronunciation of the words which I mispronounced during the Pecha Kucha presentation. I used the website memidex.com because it provides not only American pronunciation of words, but also of British ones. At the moment, I’m looking up the pronunciation of tons of Porter words which could be relevant for our oral exam. I hope that I will be able to pass and  to show improvements which I have made concerning my pronunciation in the course of the semester.



No comments:

Post a Comment